Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Yeah, that's fairly spot on.

WorkLoveLife: Career, Relationship & Lifestyle Advice:
"...my problem is not with actually having kids, but that they become an end in themselves and not a side effect of living the life I’d like."
WorkLoveLife: The Subtle Allure of A Life More Ordinary (or the Brainwashing of American Women): Career, Relationship & Lifestyle Advice:
"...this daydream life is about being able to do the things I am passionate about without any compromises or guilt feelings, such as diving tirelessly into my own businesses, having a partner who I still find sexually appealing, coming nowhere close to any variety of poop/snot/vomit, and traveling at will and on whim.

I have nightmare versions of both of my daydreams, too. There’s one that revolves around divorce, debt, failed parenthood and suburbia, and there’s one that mostly involves being alone for the rest of my life realizing at 47 that all I really ever wanted was a family."

No comments:

Post a Comment