Sunday, July 06, 2008

I occasionally need to cleanse my brain with some Robert Anton Wilson.

Click over to the link to DL an interview...

» Podcast 147 - RAW: "Conspiracies and TSOG" - Notes from the Psychedelic Salon:
""He [John von Newman] realized that most of our perceptions are in the ‘maybe’ mode. They’re not yes or no, they’re not true or false, they’re just ‘maybes’. I think ‘maybe logic’ is probably the greatest invention of the 20th century."

"I regard religion and patriotism as the two major mental illnesses afflicting this planet."

"I would say faith is the chief fomenter of war in the whole history of the world. Even in comparatively secular societies it becomes an article of faith that the government is justified. The other side is all wrong. We’re all right. And nobody’s supposed to think about the question at all. That becomes despicable. I believe we should think about the despicable."

"It absolutely stops thinking entirely if you’ve got enough faith.""

No comments:

Post a Comment