Friday, March 14, 2008

Objective/Subjective evidence of affection for this year's graduating class...

My first Jr High Graduation, about 6 months after I first got here - 18 pictures.

The next year - 33 pictures.

This year's class, who graduated today - 100+ pictures. And 3 videos.

So, that's the "objective."

The subjective?

Well, towards the end of the ceremony, when the waterworks started to flow from some of the kids as they "gambaremasu-ed" through their farewell song [and it may sound mean, but a crying Jr High School girl, fighting through tears while smiling and singing = massively adorable] - but towards the end there, I do believe I was getting a little choked up myself. I could feel the tear ducts starting to sting a little bit.

No real tears, of course, because... you know... I'm not a big girl. [Or Japanese.]

But still.

I am really, really going to miss this group of kids. Just an awesome bunch of students.

Pics up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment