Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Inspiring and funny.

Humbling too. Via Joe Rogan.

Much more at the link... well worth checking out.

The Joe Rogan Blog » Conduit to the Gaian Mind » I’m giving away my isolation tank.:
"...how we often live our lives on the momentum of the past, constantly defining ourselves by how we have already behaved, constantly cycling through a pattern of pre-determined thoughts moving around on these pre-arranged tracks, instead of running our time on this planet through a well considered, best-case scenario approach.

"I want to live my life in a way that, were I not me, and I saw that behavior, it would inspire me to be a better person.”

I know that sounds like some hippy, trippy horseshit, but isn’t it possible to live like that? Wouldn’t it make the world a far nicer place to live if everyone came to the true realization that the only way to truly be happy in this life is if you’re nice to other people?

Because truly, that is the only way, and if you ask basically anyone in the world what he or she wants most in life, it’s to be happy. Happy and in love, that’s the best feelings life has to offer, and the only people that want anything other than that, are the kind of people that need happiness and love the most.

...The real problem with that kind of thinking, of course, is that the world is infested with morons and douche bags.


...Every fucking day I get a hundred or so links sent to me in the email, and 80% of them involve either a story, a picture, or a video of a douche bag in action.

Douche bags from all over the world. There’s soldiers throwing a puppy off a cliff, men stoning a young girl to death because she was in love with a boy from the wrong religion, a guy shits on his friend’s head while he’s sleeping – you can SEE all these things...

...The average 15 year old of today has a better idea of what horrors people are capable of than a prison guard from the 1940’s.

...But what I’ve found in my life though, is that the nicer I am the less assholes I meet, and that my time in the tank has made me nicer.

The more I make a concerted effort to be positive, the happier I am. To me it’s like a much less annoying form of “The Secret.”


...Mystical visions have been a part of the growth of humans forever, but a lot of so-called “no nonsense” people may tell you that the pursuit of such visions are just a self indulgent waste of time. They will tell you that serious men and women of science have no use for seeing things that aren’t really there.

What’s hilarious about that, is that a visionary experience was the motivation behind the work of the man who invented modern analytical thinking, René Descartes.

He had a series of dreams in 1619 where the angel of truth came to him and explained to him how he was going to measure and define the laws of thought with mathematics.

It’s one of the main foundations of modern scientific thinking, and it came to him from an angel in a dream.


...I think we may have to learn to accept the idea that there may very well be something that we’re all a part of that we’re not completely aware of - that we really are just a part of this huge, gigantic oneness of everything that we can’t really detect under normal circumstances because of our ego and our physical limitations.

Just because we can’t sense something doesn’t mean it’s not there.

...The bottom line about this life is that as of right now, it’s confirmed that it’s temporary.

You’re going to die, and no one knows what the fuck is going to happen when that moment occurs. There’s a lot of speculation, but until you cross over to the great beyond and come back to talk about it, I’ve got nothing to go on.

And if you DO cross over and come back, then you’re a fucking zombie, and I’m gonna hit you in the head with a shovel before you can steal my brains..."

No comments:

Post a Comment