Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Okay, I'll admit this freaked me right the fuck out.

Going about my business today when I happened to glance up and see this monster in the corner of the living room...
From 2009-08-18

...damn thing was bigger than my freaking hand, which you can't really see in the pic, but when it started walking down the wall it was HUGE.

I'm usually a live and let live kind a guy with most insects, pick up most and shuffle them outside. And Japanese spiders - OUTSIDE - are pretty cool actually, but this guy was too big to wrangle, and to paraphrase Joe Rogan in his latest comedy special - "You are in the wrong place, so you have to die!"

The insecticide I sprayed on it only seemed to bore it, so I had to crush it with a book. A hardcover of Sun Tzu's The Art of War, appropriately enough.

I'm all paranoid now, scanning the apartment to see if he left any family around... *shudder*

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! That's just freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will regale you with my own insect/arachnoid exploits.

    http://mikeinnippon.blogspot.com/2006/09/mike-vs-insects.html

    I feel your pain. My only question...did it explode is a spray of goo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did indeed.

    Yeah, I've had one or two cockroaches over the last four years, and I've seen a bunch of those big spiders outside with their webs and whatnot, but this was the first one I ever saw *IN* the house. And I think it was a different species too...

    ReplyDelete