Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm an idiot.

I saw via Balko's blog that the Pew Research Center is running a News IQ poll, and considering myself well informed, I took a run at it.

The Agitator » Blog Archive » Current Events Quiz:
"Only six percent of the public answered all 12 questions correctly.

Gives you some indication of why the state of public debate is the way it is."

Your Results:

"You correctly answered 9 out of the 12 possible questions, which means you did better on the quiz than 59% of the general public."

I missed the questions on which car makers received bailouts - which is bogus, btw... not all the companies have received "bailouts" but they've all gotten assistance... grumble - the current unemployment rate and the number of casualties in Iraq...

There is the case to be made that knowing the details of all this is only tantamount to paying attention to the smoke and mirrors of the shadow puppet display [bad metaphor, that] but still, I should've known that other stuff, considering as info/internet addicted as I am.

Though I'm still smarter than about 3 out of 5 of you out there. And I bet I could beat up you other two, so we'll call it a wash.

Most surprising thing about the quiz, when you look at the results demographics, for me anyways, is that overall men did almost 20% better than women. Crazy.

1 comment: