Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I steal stuff.

Just kidding. I still buy most of my music on CD. I steal other stuff for other reasons. And DRM always sucks. Don't buy anything with it. For the record, once again, your archaic and outdated business model is not my problem. Welcome to the 21st century.

DRM's final insult - Boing Boing Gadgets:
"DRM is dead. And just like every activist, pirate and skeptic ever warned you, all the DRM-laden songs you bought will join it in the grave. Cory over at the motherboing notes that Microsoft is to close its 'license server' for good, making it so DRM tracks are useless on any computer other than the one they were originally downloaded to.

They're nuking customers' music collections from orbit, an expression of spite on a cosmic scale. It's unimaginably bad form, but you know what? If you're affected by this, you're getting exactly what you paid for."

No comments:

Post a Comment