Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gotta have a plan...

Some things I used to do, some things variations of what I used to do, some things brand new. Doesn't really matter though. What yesterday, and my first workout taught me is that I'm pretty much starting from scratch. Amazingly out of shape. Who I was 15 years ago... 10 years ago... even 3 years ago... does not matter. What I could do then has no bearing on whether I can do it now. Cause odds are - given the shape I'm in and the injuries I've accrued - I can't. Which is honestly, just sad and embarrassing. But you can only start from where you're at, so... here we go.

The Plan

First 6[?] Months.

M/W/F - StrongLifts Dumbbell 5x5
T/T/S - Simplefit + Bas Rutten's MMA Workout

7 Days/Week - Stretching/Yoga/Meditation

Stretching an amalgam of things picked up over the years, though in large part culled from Stretching: 20th Anniversary Ed and the Sivananda Guide to Yoga.

Using guided meditations or zazen.

Nutrition
Low carb/moderate to high protein/fat diet, 5-6 days per week.
Meats, eggs, vegetables and healthy fats.
One carb loading/free day.
Possible one day fasts, weekly or twice monthly.

Test Driving the Anabolic Diet:
"Monday through Friday - Eat a diet consisting of 60% fat, 35% protein, and only 5% carbs. You'll get the fat and protein mainly from steak, hamburger, eggs, and fish. Turkey, chicken, and tuna are all okay, but the password here is red meat. You'll also eat full-fat cheeses, pepperoni, sausage, and certain nuts. The key is to generally avoid carbohydrates, eating only around 30 grams a day...

Saturday and Sunday - Switch gears. On the weekends, eat 30% fat, 10% protein, and a whopping 60% carbs..."

Nutrition References: [In addition to the above article.] Anabolic Diet, Paleodiet, MANS, Atkins, Eating for Life, and The Mighty Atom.

Future/Post 6mos - a handful of workouts I've mixed and matched from books by Ross Enamait. But those'll be more serious training protocols after I get some kind of baseline level of fitness back. [All 3 of his books are phenomenal, btw.]

No comments:

Post a Comment