Friday, January 04, 2008

Pre China Weekend of Busyness, Part 1 - Bagus Dinner and Drinks.



The weekend before Sandy and I headed to China I had 4 events, all of a psuedo-party, psuedo-responsibility nature, in the span of about 2 and a half days.

Kicking things off on Friday eve was the annual[?] Fukutsu get together of JET related gaijin and assorted friends and family. Good food and good drinks had by all.

The evening started off at Bagus and proceeded onwards, for some, to karaoke afterwards.

And for some of us dumber souls, drunken martial arts. [Ingredients - 2 former Marines, copious alcohol, testosterone... shake well.] That never ends well, a lesson I've continued to fail to learn, and in this case, ended with me being crushed nigh to... injury. After such stupidity, I headed home.

But for some hardy souls, all braver and better than I, there exists tales and legends of continued drinking and carousing, until 8AM the next morning.

God bless them, but by that time I was on to the next event.

1 comment: