Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Something good. Something bad. Bit of both."



"When people say “You’ve changed” there’s a 95% chance that you just stopped acting the way they wanted you to." - Anonymous  










"The White House has effectively become a broadcast company," says Michael Shaw, publisher of Bagnewsnotes.com, a site dedicated to the analysis of news images. Shaw explains how strategically composed photos, taken by official White House photographers, travel from social media sites that are controlled by the administration to the front pages of newspapers around the world."

"Wife just called asking where lawnmower key was. I recognize this now for what it is. A shit test for me to say, “Don’t worry about it. I’ll do it when I get home.” But, I told her where the key was and to have fun. Haha. I could tell she wasn’t ready for that. She responded a few comments about hopefully being able to figure it out (again more guilt-loaded shit tests to get me to say I’d do it). I told her to have fun and she’d learn a thing or two. She replied, “Well, does it have any gas in it?” (another attempt) I replied, I don’t know, but fill it up if it needs it.” She replied, “No, I don’t want to fill it up with gas.” See, she wanted the grass cut. She didn’t care about how busy I am or how many other priorities I have in front of the grass. She wanted appeasement on the grass, plain and simple, but she didn’t think it was worthy of her time to fill it up with gas. Think of that...  She didn’t feel it was worth one minute of her time to fill up the lawn mower, but an hour of my time cutting the grass with it was."


  






Sketch card...: "Sketch card of Bane from Gail Simone’s Secret Six"



 COSPLAY - Comic Con 2013 - Steampunk batgirl...: "by -Mike Rollerson Photography- "

 "Granted, this is a new car form for Bumblebee, and the performer doesn't use any acts of contortion to "transform," but it still brings a smile to the faces of the curious children who flock to him. And we're all smiles, too. The Detroit Free Press has an interview with the performer, Joslyn Paige, who explains that he made the costume over the course of five weeks for $700-800."

No comments:

Post a Comment