Thursday, November 21, 2013

Today's Internets - "I am free no matter what rules surround me."



Still one of my favorite cyphers.

& from 8 Mile, the Rocky of rap-battle movies.  



The world is mysterious.


Everything else is fairy tales and mythology.
Clever.


"Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., pleaded guilty Wednesday to possession of cocaine and was sentenced to one year of supervised probation."

Science!  But really though, did they need a study for this one?  Researchers Discover That Men With Attractive Wives Are Most Satisfied With Marriage - BroBible.com
"According to a study recently published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology...  For the men? Yeah, looks play a major role.

...when they wake up beside a beautiful woman they then feel more obligated to care about their wives' needs—which, in turn, makes the wives happier. If there was ever evidence that dudes are absolutely shameless, well, Meltzer just hit the nail on the head. Hot wife, good life. We are animals."


Well played, Channing Tatum.

The original vid, reposted for epicness.

 "...the Catholic Church places equal significance upon the Amanita Muscaria mushroom, believe it or not. As a matter of fact, just as Siberian shaman dressed in a clothing to resemble the sacred mushroom, so do the Cardinals and Bishops within the Catholic Church, and even on occasion, the Pope himself.



Their traditional style of dress includes a cap or beanie worn upon the top of the head, a red shawl or cape over the upper body, a white apron or skirt upon the lower body, and a pair black shoes to complete the ensemble. You can compare the Cardinal's dress in the photo above with that of the mushroom and see how strikingly similar they are. Surely, this is not a coincidence.
If we also examine the halo often found in religious art that surrounds the head of Jesus and other saints, these are commonly assumed to contain rays of the sun. Yet there is a striking similarity to the underside of the cap of the mushroom, which portrays an intricate spoke pattern within its wheel. Therefore, it is not a stretch to believe that the halo is not reprensentative of the sun, but rather yet another symbol for the sacred mushroom. "






Lil Dicky is way cool.  Lil Dicky's Kickstarter - Album, Videos, Touring by Lil Dicky — Kickstarter: "To fund the initial phase of my operation, I had to dig into my own savings. I also gave all of my content away for free, so I've made no profits off of this endeavor to this point. In fact, I'm running this whole operation at a pretty substantial deficit. 32 songs, and 15 music videos later, I've officially run out of money. My bar mitzvah cash has run its course. On top of that, I just quit my day job to pursue rap full time. "
"The thing is, I know I'm on to something. In a little over 6 months I've garnered 11.5 million YouTube views, over 95k subscribers, and all of this was accomplished without any machine or company behind me. People are really liking what I'm doing. And personally, I've never felt more alive. Every morning, I wake up with a huge grin, and an enormous sense of optimism. So I need to keep going. I genuinely believe that this thing can become huge, on a national level. You know what, maybe even on a global level. I bet China would go nuts over this shit. But to continue, I'm going to need funding. And to evolve and grow as an artist, everything needs to be elevated. I need a way to increase my production value, both musically, and and in the quality of the music videos. "


"Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won’t have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren’t even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they’re doing it.— ANNE LAMOTT"


My two favorite podcasts collide, Lorenzo Hagerty on the Joe Rogan Experience.  Awesome - JRE Podcast: Lorenzo Hagerty: "#419. Lorenzo Hagerty is a former attorney, corporate CEO, and US Naval officer. He currently hosts the popular podcast The Psychedelic Salon."



"“The Obama administration’s Office of Management and Budget estimates the menu labeling regulation to be the third-most onerous regulation proposed in 2010,” according to Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez and Republican Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers. The rules are expected to cost more than $1 billion and require more than 14.5 million hours of labor to meet. They have been debated so long because bureaucrats have discovered that while calorie labeling sounds simple enough in theory, in practice it is — in the words of FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg — “extremely thorny.” Consider, for example, pizza: The legislative director for Domino’s says “there are 34 million pizza combinations. We’ve done the math.” Listing the calorie content for each possible variation would require a very large sign indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment