Saturday, May 30, 2009

Training 341.

NEPA - 30m Rutten MMA wkout/boxing.

Been doing the 30m or so walk for NEPA, weather permitting, these last 3 weeks or so. Mostly because that's the primary "recommended" activity in my current regimen. But it's so freaking booooring. I'm not really a "go for a walk" kind of person right now, and I hate feeling bound by the weather, especially as that's happened a couple times this week. Frustrating. So I'm going to invoke the "and activities" portion of their "NEPA walks and activities" recommendation.

For the next 3 weeks of the program I'm going to do the Bas Rutten MMA Workout as my NEPA. Normally the Rutten wkout is an extreme ass-kicker, but if I just dial down the intensity and don't throw the techniques hard like usual, it'll qualify. Ratchet down the intensity/speed of the punches and kicks to about 25% and don't focus on power and snap as much as quickness, coordination and movement. Did it that way today and felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment