Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I am a Bowling God.



Sandy's enjoying her new games for her DSLite, including a bowling video game, got a jones to go do the real bowling, as, apparently, flicking her wrist with a stylus on a two inch screen, doesn't quite feed the bowling beast she has lurking within.

So, after a layoff of maybe 7 years - last time we were in Japan, maybe? - we once again ventured forth to do battle on the field of pins and alleys.

Conveniently located at a Banana Party Amusement Paradise near you.

Banana. Party.

I don't know, you figure it out.







The bowling, it'll make you crazy.

Check out the mad gleam in our eyes.




I really shouldn't look so happy in the pic below, as I've had to drop down to an 11lb ball, as apparently I'm not as strong as I was when I was 15 years old, throwing a 13lb'er. How fucking sad is that?

And the very first ball I threw? Gutterball.





In Japan, you can get hot fries from vending machines.

From Machines!!!!

Japan Rocks.

Next up, Robot Ninja Assassins.



Bowling shoes the world over are just horrible looking. Guaranteed to cut down on theft, I imagine.

But Japanese bowling shoes? Surprisingly comfortable.





I somehow [OK, not "somehow"... strange looking bald foreigner always gets the kiddies attention...] got my own little cheering section. I'd bowl a strike or a spare and they'd clap and cheer.

It. Was. Awesome.

Little Japanese Kids? Funktastically cute. And I think they helped me bowl better too.



So after DOMINATING Sandy bowling [the kids still got it] with my high game [A 189. After 7 years not touching a bowling ball. I kick ass.], best two out of three and high series score victories, Sandy mauled me playing pool.

And air hockey.

Repeatedly.

So we will not speak of these things.

1 comment:

  1. We need to go bowling one of these days. You can make it a challenge to see if you can double my all-time (that's 6 games of 10-pin ever) high of 96!!!! Rawk ON!!!

    ReplyDelete