Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia

Joe Rogan smacks down Mencia. Too funny.

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia onstage

Add to My Profile | More Videos

From Joe Rogan's blog:
"So here's how it all went down…
I had a set at the comedy store Saturday night, and after I closed, I was bringing on the next comedian, a guy named Kirk Fox that works for Carlos Mencia.
I introduce him saying that he's a funny guy, and that he opens on the road for Carlos 'Menstealia.' That's the name we call him at the comedy store, and of course Carlos doesn't like it one bit.
Carlos was apparently in the room when I said this, and the perfect combination of ego and timing made him decide that this was the night to put his foot down.
As I got off stage and headed towards the back of the room, he grabbed the mike away from Kirk, and said that I was too much of a pussy to say that shit to his face.
Which to me is something akin to the hottest girl in the world daring you to fuck her while you're standing there in her bedroom naked with a boner.
Of course I had to disagree with him, and I decided to get onstage with him and have this "meeting of the minds" as it were.
On video.

Shazam!

Now, a lot of comics have had a problem with Carlos stealing material for a long time now, but for whatever reason, many of them don't like to talk about it publicly, mostly because they're afraid that people are going to think that they're just jealous. That, and they're worried about him using his power in "Hollywood" to have them black balled for talking badly about him. But in private, they talk about it. A LOT.

...For the record, I don't hate the guy. I never really did.
I hated what he was doing, but him as a person it's really more like I felt pity for him.
The dude was living a gigantic lie, and no matter how fucked up and powerful your ego is, there's got to be a part of the back of his brain that realizes what's going on, and cringes at the reality. I think maybe it's even his own subconscious knowing that he's doing something wrong that forced him into this un-winnable battle.

...When all was said and done at the end of the night, especially after I saw the video, I actually felt sorry for him. I think there's part of him that actually believes his own bullshit. I compared him to OJ in the video, in that they've both convinced themselves that they're innocent, and really I think it's a valid comparison."
Much more detailed writeup at the link...

1 comment:

  1. sucks he was told to "take a break" from the comedy store and no longer has an agent.

    ReplyDelete