Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Be early. Stress kills.

Don To Earth: My Grandfather And Others:
"My point is that the way he chose to live was very easy on his heart. I never saw him excited, and his lifelong habit was to be 20 minutes early for everything.

...my grandfather was knowingly not under stress, and was always ready ahead of any appointed time. Not everyone is like my grandpa -- some like to see how close to the line they can come, and they frequently miss, some being late by a predictable 20 minutes, which seems to be the magic length of time to be late or early... I tend to be about five minutes early for whatever is happening, and it is so calming that I do not know why everyone does not deliberately follow the example of my grandfather."

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! Sage advice...but you ever notice that Japanese people are early for everything and plan ahead for everything, never really excited about anything, yet the level of stress here makes even the most wound-up American people look laid back?

    ReplyDelete