Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What the world is made up of...

Interview with tonya kay, via the Organic Athlete:
I was living in New York City several years ago, walking down 8th Ave along with several hundred other pedestrians on the block. A man grabbed my arm and as any New Yorker trying to maintain some semblance of personal space would do, I turned to him with a sharp, “Excuse me?” To which he smiled, looked me in the eye and assertively suggested I “have a nice day.” Humbled and touched by this genuine moment of personal interaction, I smiled at the next dozen people I came into contact because of him.

Text books and newspapers would have us believe that the world is made up of battles, boundaries and scores. These things may or may not be important – I do not know. But one thing I do know is that if I am on stage and can make direct eye contact with the little girl in the fourth row, she might ask her mom for dance lessons after the show. No television actor can say that. Neck massages, conversations, and other personal interactionsthese are the energies that define real life. These are the stuff the world is made up of.

1 comment:

  1. THAT is a GREAT NYC story!!!! It really does capture the spirit of my home town.
    Thanks! And great to see Tonya Kay interview! She is amaaaaaaaazzzzzing!!
    :Christine

    ReplyDelete