Sunday, August 13, 2006

Dreams

Weird dreams last night... I blame jet lag. They were clearer a few hours ago... should try keeping that notebook by my bed again...

The first had me, an assistant - that I think was both male and female - and the assistant's dad [played by some character actor I've seen everywhere but can't for the life of me remember now] being terrorized in an old castle by some shape-shifting werewolf monster. It, at various points in the dream, took on all of the protagonist's aspects. The only way to kill it was to cut off it's head, remove it's heart and burn it. Standard vampire mythology there, despite the wolf aspect.

We eventually killed it, with a sword I think, and after I removed the heart I kept trying to slice it apart, but it kept regrowing and regenerating. Until it didn't. And then we burned it.

I remember waking up and thinking it had something to do with the shifting nature and assumption of identity, and the need to transcend that to assume an authentic personality, instead of simply mirroring others.

Maybe.

Seemed profound at the time.

The other had me as a teenager raised by a single mom [who was actually my mom, I think] in a high rise apartment. I idolized a real-life flying superhero as a father figure, until I meet him, then he's confronted by another superhero, who IS my actual father.

Woke up early from that one. Not sure what it might mean... other than I've spent more time with my dad in the last 2 weeks than during the previous year...

No comments:

Post a Comment