Friday, December 16, 2005

Soul Flight: An Interview with Richard Bach

Amazon.com : Soul Flight: An Interview with Richard Bach:
"I think it's not because I'm unusual but because I'm so much like everybody else. Turns of life that fascinate me fascinate a lot of people. There is a family of us who have this yearning for a kind of excellence that we can manifest every day of our lives, a family who wants to believe we're not pawns, we're not victims on this planet, that knows we have the power within us here and now to change the world we see around us! One of the great cosmic laws, I think, is that whatever we hold in our thought will come true in our experience. When we hold something, anything, in our thought, then somehow coincidence leads us in the direction that we've been wishing to lead ourselves. A little voice says, 'Why don't you turn right, here at this street corner up here where you always turn left?' And, listening, wondering, and maybe with a little smile, we turn right. And we turn right down the channel through which runs the river of coincidence, which then picks us up and takes us where it will, drops us off at the place that we've been holding in our thought.

...I could write my perceptions but not hers. I believe that Leslie and I were led to find each other, led through the years we lived together, and led to part. There's so much to learn! When a marriage comes to an end, we're free to call it a failure. We're also free to call it a graduation. We didn't say, "I guess we weren't led to each other, I guess we're not soul mates after all." Our graduation was part of the experience we chose before we were born, to learn how to let each other go. We're two expressions of life, which decided to share the experience of 21 years in space time. Good times and terrible ones, everything in the books and more, they're still true. We're apart because we decided to have different futures. I've remarried now, beginning a new adventure as Leslie begins hers, but I'll never forget that she's always been as much a soul mate to me as I've been to her--we've lived some powerful lessons together."

No comments:

Post a Comment