Friday, December 16, 2005

Magical Blend Interviews "An Interview Robert Anton Wilson"

Magical Blend Interviews "An Interview Robert Anton Wilson":
"I've always had a strong intuition that all of this that's been going on, from the first unicellular organisms up to the present, is not all a bad joke intended to end up in catastrophe. It's going to higher and higher levels.

...What I try to get at in all of my books, and especially in this one, is the notion that we cannot solve our problems by looking around to find out who's to blame for them and punishing them. This has been tried throughout history, and it's never produced any worthwhile results. It's led to a lot of what subsequent generations regarded as senseless persecutions. A little while ago, before the tape started, you were wondering whether it was warm milk or cold milk that increases your tryptophan. This is the first generation in human history where a large percentage of the population have talked about how to change their brain chemistry to function better. It's no accident that we've got this incredibly brutal and stupid war on drugs, because obviously a lot of people are going to be experimenting with things the government doesn't think it's safe to let us experiment with. I'm sixty-two, and I keep waiting for the day when the government thinks I'm old enough to make up my own mind about issues like this. But I guess I'll have to keep waiting. They've already taken my tryptophan. Now they're trying to take away my vitamin C."

No comments:

Post a Comment