Saturday, December 17, 2005

"Remember"

Magical Blend Articles "Enlightenment Awards" Richard Bach:
"Ritual has never appealed to me. It does not to this day. For me, not for anyone else, but for me, I feel strongly that ritual is not the way to go. There is a sense of oneness that from time to time I'm aware of in my life. Certainly not all the time, and there are times when I get frightened and when I get upset. But at the best of times, it's a personal oneness with that beautiful It, that divinely indifferent Is that really doesn't care if you'd chosen to be an upright biped on the surface of a small planet of a minor sun on the edge of a minor galaxy of one of the multiple trillions of universes. That's OK. It doesn't matter what form you take. The Is knows us only as a perfect reflection of Itself, period. And we are free to have our fears and beliefs of separation from it, but the Is doesn't care any more than a parent cares when their child goes out and plays and one day is the bad guy at cops and robbers and the next day is the good guy. The parent says, 'Those are games. I know who you are, and I love you for who you are. And that's all that matters.' That's a very rough analogy.

...I think the source of our sorrow and the source of our joy are intimately entwined. Our sorrow is that we have forgotten who we are, we have forgotten we are one with that source of all life--absolutely indestructible, perfect, joyful. The source of our joy is when we remember that. So if I could say one word, in the deepest sense, without any explanation, to myself, I would say "remember.""

No comments:

Post a Comment