Sunday, October 23, 2005

Those who repeat their history are doomed to know it.

Alchemical Braindamage:
"...You want to understand your future? Do you even understand your present? It's right here after all. Take a good look. Do you understand that?

No? How about the past? It's not even happening anymore. It's all over and done with. No moving parts. All the information is there. How about it?

I didn't think so. What I'm getting at here, besides my usual tactic of browbeating my readers, is that you're not really looking to understand some temporal junction. You're looking to understand yourself. Your reaction, your perceptions, your meaning to things. Even if I handed you deadly accurate facts about the future, all of it is going to interpreted in terms of it's relevance to you, in this moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment