Monday, November 03, 2014

Training - "Life is fucking messy. Life is what you make of it...”

11/3 - press, chins, pike pushups, stairs, stretch

Timeline Photos - Bill Phillips Transformation: "Me at age 47 left (so embarrassing) now at age 50 on the right. Just like everybody else, when I stop working out and eating right, I lose muscle and gain fat. I had a serious injury a few years ago and had to be in a wheelchair and hospital bed for a long time. I got back on track though and I worked hard to gain muscle and cut my bodyfat from 23% to 8%. I might not ever be as strong as I was before the accident but I am determined to be as good as I can be at this point in my life. Best of all now... I can walk up stairs and even jog a little... I am grateful for every step! If you have had adversity knock you off track, don't give up! Don't let age stop you either! You CAN get your body and life back on track! I know, because I did it."
  
How Dwayne Johnson rocked the film business: "The best advice that The Rock ever got was something the director of Gridiron Gang, Phil Joanou, said to him on set in 2005: Protect the thing that allows you to do what you do. Johnson rephrases it: “Around every corner always protect the engine that powers you.” Johnson’s engine is his unusual support team. He and Garcia, who have a 13-year-old daughter, divorced in 2007 and then in 2012 co-founded 7 Bucks Productions. Johnson now lives with his girlfriend of seven years, Lauren Hashian. Garcia remarried this year, to Dave Rienzi, who is now Johnson’s strength and conditioning coach. It’s enough to raise The Rock’s eyebrow, he acknowledges. “Life is amazing. Life is fucking messy. Life is what you make of it,” he says. “I’m happy to say we’re all together working nicely, but it took a lot of work. With Dany, it was going through the sludge of divorce and then having the clarity to say, ‘We’re still friends, we respect each other, let’s do business. And let’s do big business.’”"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment