Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Training - "I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me."

11/6 - squats, knee raises, lunges, stretch


"I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you’re made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it’s some kind of miracle if you’re not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole." - Henry Rollins





Heidi Somers - Mobile Uploads: "This was achieved in 10 weeks. I hadn't realized how far I had come until I saw my before picture! We all have busy lives and we all have obstacles. But everyday we all have a choice. A choice to better our life or remain the same. If you want a better body..work for it! If you want a better job..work for it! If you want a better life..better relationships...better education..work for it! There is no shortcut and it will be difficult. If it wasn't difficult everyone would do it! So what's holding you back? #NoExcuses #TransformationTuesday #Buffbunny"


Timeline Photos - Bill Phillips Transformation: "Recently I have posted before and now photos of my upper body and I have received several questions about how my injured legs are doing. Here are before and now photos of the legs: on the left is where my quads were after I got out of a wheelchair and out of leg braces following my accident a while back (legs were very small and very weak and the pain was brutal). 
On the right are my quads today, over 100 leg workouts later. I can't do barbell squats and many other exercises... I can do spin bike at high intensity for quads and pretty light dumbbell squats and light leg extensions. Remember I severed all quadriceps muscles on both legs from their attachments at the patella by literally tripping and falling down some stairs (yes, I know that was a stupid mistake - but it all worked out for the best believe it or not). My re-attached quadriceps muscles won't do everything but I don't let that stop me... I do the exercises I can do and I try very hard when I am doing them... I work around the injuries and I don't let limitations stop me. And as I have mentioned before, I don't let the fact that I am age 50 stop me either. I still have a way to go so I am working hard to achieve new goals and I am fired up about improving and making more progress in the future. I have a whole new respect and a new compassion for people who are going through adversity because of injury and I know that it is hard and painful and humbling. I want to show that you can renew your strength and health and feel able and pain-free again. Get back on track and don't give up!"


1 comment: