Sunday, October 12, 2014

Food Log - "You have to choose."

 [Picasa not working in Linux at all anymore, so no decent collages until I figure a workaround.  Screenshots it is.  Technology.  Bah.]

10/6 - coffee, cream, Animal Pump, Cannibal Inferno, water, milk, Milk & Egg protein, eggs, stevia, DigesTech, Betaine HCL, Cod Liver Oil, Cannibal DaVinci, buffalo & cranberry Warrior bar

10/7 - coffee, cream, Cannibal DaVinci, Animal Pump, Cannibal Inferno, Animal Pump, water, Milk & Egg protein, eggs, milk, DigesTech, Betaine HCL, Cod Liver Oil, steak, chicken, parmesan, onions, potatoes, mayo

10/8 - coffee, milk, Cannibal Inferno, Animal Pump, Cannibal DaVinci, water, Milk&Egg protein, eggs, DigesTech, Betaine HCL, Cod Liver Oil, chocolate milk, buffalo & cranberry Warrior Bar, hamburger, mayo, ketchup, wasabi, cheddar, bacon

10/9 - coffee, milk, Cannibal Inferno, Animal Pump, Cannibal DaVinci, water, Milk&Egg protein, eggs, DigesTech, Betaine HCL, Cod Liver Oil, chocolate milk, chicken wings, ranch dressing

10/10 - coffee, milk, Cannibal Inferno, Animal Pump, Cannibal DaVinci, water, Milk&Egg protein, eggs, DigesTech, Betaine HCL, Cod Liver Oil, chocolate milk, free/cheat/dinner out a  French place - foie gras, assorted appetizers, steak w/bearnaise sauce, beer, wine, Irish coffee, assorted desserts

10/11 - coffee, milk, Cannibal Inferno, Cannibal Dainci, water, buffalo & cranberry Warrior bar, hamburger, mayo, wasabi, cheddar

10/12 - coffee, milk, Cannibal DaVinci, Cannibal Inferno, water, buffalo & cranberry Warrior bar, hamburger, mayo, wasabi, cheddar

Funny.  True.  Why are you so goddamn fat? | judgybitch: "Some people just are.  No question.  Fat babies, fat toddlers, fat kids, fat teenagers, fat adults – it’s just one continuum of being fat.  It’s just how they were made.  But one only has to flip through historical photographs to see that being fat was an anomaly in the past.  Most people, historically, were quite slender and fit and not because they were starving.  It’s not until the 70s and 80s that fat explodes.  Suddenly fat people are everywhere!  Not anomalies.  More like average. Why is this?  

I am not fat.  I have three children and I gained a shit ton of weight with each pregnancy but I also lost it, too.  And no, it didn’t just fall off with breastfeeding and chasing the kids.  It came off because I watched what I ate and got some exercise.  Right now I weigh 4 pounds more than I did as a college freshman.  After 12 years of marriage, I still fit in my wedding dress.  Easily.  And it’s not because I am a “naturally thin” person.  Naturally thin, my ass. I love food.  I’m an excellent cook and bread and cookie maker and I love to eat.  But I know that I cannot indulge my every culinary whim without turning into a giant ball of lard, which appears to be the case for, oh, PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE!  

I’m thin because I care.  I care about how I look.  I like my clavicles and my cheekbones and my long slim legs.  I like feeling great.  I like being able to run up stairs and dash for the bus and play tag with the kids.  I like admiring glances and the occasional wolf whistle.  It’s nice to be thought of as desirable.  I like my husband’s arms locked around my waist.  I like being able to walk into a store and find something that fits.  Usually on sale, too because the smaller sizes aren’t in much demand any more. I care about all those things, so when a plate of brownies comes by, I can say no and not feel tortured.  

I don’t like the saying “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels” because FUCKING CHEESECAKE!  Lots of things taste better than skinny feels, but that doesn’t mean skinny feels bad.  You have to choose.  On the whole, I prefer to be thin than eat whatever the hell I want.  And I have the self-control to do so. 

Fat people who like being fat clearly have no problems and should carry on being who they are while giving a resounding fuck you to the haters.  But fat people who don’t like being fat confuse me.  What are they lacking?  Self-control?  Do they just not care enough?  It’s not knowledge.  Any clueless moron knows that an apple is going to be a more sensible snack than an entire bag of chips, but they eat the chips anyway.  Why is this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment