Monday, September 08, 2014

Training - "You set your mind to your goal, and you accomplish it."

9/8 - press, seated Scott press, plate front raise, side/rear lateral combo, Gironda swings - steam - shadow/box, stretch/hamstrings & adductors

Training template for the next 11 weeks/til Thanksgiving - goals/hierarchy - fat loss, strength, hypertrophy.

Fat loss - largely diet/nutrition dependent.  Food Log posts returning next week/logging & tracking all food & supplement consumption.  One cheat day/week, maximum.  Increased conditioning work.  Strength - keep pushing the poundages on the the Big 4 lifts on Wendler's 5/3/1.  Hypertrophy - lighter weight/higher volume accessory work.  Ensure adequate protein intake daily. 1g/lb bodyweight.

Strength training - 5x/week.  Conditioning/MMA/stretching - 2x/week.  Yoga - 2x/week.

 



  

The Lean Queen | Competing -- My Experience: "Competing is such an amazing, humbling experience. Never did I actually think I would have the courage to do a prep and step on stage. I never thought I would even do good. I doubted my abilities so many times. I told my coach a number of times "I am scared I will look like a joke on stage". But, when I set my mind to do something, there is NO way I back down. I achieve my goals. 

In my opinion, one of the best feelings in the world, is working so so hard for something and seeing that hard work pay off. I dedicated my time everyday to do what I had to get done. No, it was not easy, some days it was very very challenging. You do not always have a ton of energy as you get closer to a competition, however, your energy will come from within. You may be on a very low calorie, high training routine, however, the time will pass either way, and it is what you do with that time that will matter. You set your mind to your goal, and you accomplish it."

No comments:

Post a Comment