Friday, September 12, 2014

Training - Discipline, Not Motivation.

9/12 - pullups/pushups, neutral grip pullups/pushups, chins/military pushups, db drag curls, conc curls, farmer's walk 


Don’t Be At The Mercy of Motivation | ZuzkaLight.com: "We think that we must always be motivated to endure our workouts...  This is simply not the case. The key is to understand that we shouldn’t be constantly hunting for motivation nor do we necessarily need to have it all of the time.

Struggling with motivation should not be at the focus of our fitness routines.  Discipline and forming habits should be.  These form the foundation of wellbeing with regards to fitness.  Consistency, even when the very last thing we want to do is blast through another set of burpees or squats, is what allows us to reach higher goals and achieve greater results.  In fact, as one of my articles pointed out,  recent studies indicate that the more we consistently exercise the more we strengthen a positive neurological response in our brains when it comes to working out.    Don’t spend your day or morning worrying about how you’re going to get through your workout.  Try to tune out any kind of negative emotional response and treat it like you would a job or a chore.  We often go to work and run errands with hardly any enthusiasm and motivation and yet we still do these things, partly out of responsibility, but also because we know that they are necessary.  Diet and exercise are no different.  We are responsible for our wellbeing.    It’s understandable to seek out some degree of motivation – be it fitting into an old pair of jeans or finding just the right song for your workout – but don’t let it dictate whether or not you workout today, tomorrow or next week.  Form a routine and stick to it as best as you can.  After enough time spent being consistent, you will find that healthier choices become second nature."



Aging is a choice. 


Timeline Photos - Amy Updike IFBB Pro: "I have a lot of really positive feelings and memories from my first 11 months of training and then competing. It was probably one of the most exciting times of my life. I had made HUGE changes to my diet, consistently eating 6-7 times a day, eating only good stuff with a weekly cheat meal, drinking tons of water, and began for the first time in my life exercising 4-6 days a week (lifting weights and a little cardio). I was astounded at how quickly my body changed. The left pic was about 2-3 weeks into my new diet and exercise plan. I was already starting to feel different although I didn't look much different yet. The right was at my 2nd National Bikini comp. All I see when I see the pic on the right is #delts.... When I will be at the Olympia expo in Vegas next weekend, I will having a little celebration inside to remember that day, 2 years ago, when I consciously chose to forever change my life. The day I contacted a trainer and decided to be fully dedicated the the plan he wrote for me. Not half in, half out. ALL the way in. "



2014 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships: "Lee Apperson Bodybuilding- +40 6th place and +50 7th place" 

2014 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships: "Dana French Bikini- +35 7th place"

 2014 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships: "Bud Woodruff Bodybuilding- +70 1st place"


2014 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships: "Janet Ann Harding Bikini- +35 10th place"



1 comment: