Monday, September 22, 2014

Training - "Just get it done."

9/22 - press, pike pushups, seated db press, side swings, bent over laterals, btn press/push press, plate front raise, db laterals - steam

 9/20 - foam roll, sauna, steam


2014 NPC Elite Physique: "Kevin Deiner Bodybuilding- Heavyweight 1st place and Overall"
2014 NPC Elite Physique: "Marissa Tedesco  Bikini- Class B 1st place and Overall and Novice 1st place"


Overcoming Anxiety: I Finally Feel Comfortable in My Own Skin | Mark's Daily Apple: "By the age of 22, the pressure of work-life balance was causing issues in all aspects of my life. After visiting a physician, it was determined I should be administered anxiety medication to help my stress levels. Like most medications, selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI’s) are known to cause major side effect—one of the most common being weight gain. The medication, along with my heavy carbohydrate and low protein intake, sent my weight up by 20 lbs. At the age of 23, I weighed 140 lbs at only 5’2”.
"I still remember the day I stepped on the scale. I was positive it had somehow malfunctioned. I knew I gained some weight, but I didn’t think I gained that much.  ...it was like looking at a stranger. That was not me. That was not who I wanted to be. I was drained, and I knew I needed to drop the weight or forever be unhappy with myself. I ultimately decided to stop taking my SSRI medication since it was apparent it was contributing to my weight gain. It took me three months to wean myself off of the drug. If I stopped taking it immediately I would have horrible withdrawal symptoms including vomiting, tremors, muscle spasms, and seizures. Sounds healthy, right? 

...After reading several articles that Mark wrote, I decided to purchase The Primal Blueprint and give primal living a go. In the book, I was shocked to find out that 80% of body composition is determined by what you eat. In previous years I had been exercising extensively when I should have been focusing more on what I was putting into my body. I started the primal lifestyle slowly. I cut out bread and pasta and increased my protein and vegetable intake. I dropped weight slowly and steadily; about a pound per week. In the following weeks, I felt my energy increase dramatically. With increased energy, I thought, “Why not start to exercise to speed up the process?” I decided to start cycling and rode my bike each morning after breakfast. I was both seeing and feeling phenomenal results. Seeing results while feeling both emotionally happy and physically satisfied (no hunger pains to be found), I removed even more unnecessary foods from my diet. I felt like I no longer needed legumes or dairy, and I started purchasing my produce from local farmers.
"By the summer of 2013, I weighed 110 pounds without portion control or calorie restriction. I was absolutely ecstatic! I continued to do research and make minor adjustments here and there while exercising when and how I wanted to. I was still cycling daily, loving the fresh air and the gratification after a long ride. I added hiking to the mix and interval sprints every so often, whenever I felt like I needed a boost of exhilaration. Weekly yoga sessions helped calm my mind and my stress level was minimal. Now, as of July 2014 at 25 years old, I fluctuate between 100-105 lbs. I haven’t had an anxiety attack in years..."








#boom #humpday���� I remember thinking at one point...: "#boom #humpday  I remember thinking at one point that I could never wear short shorts. After learning my body what kinds of foods that worked for me (all natural foods) and what didn’t (processed foods all kinds) after 6 fitness competitions and upwards of 50 photoshoots…. I found a way to #eatclean and #workout that works best for me. #consistencyiskey when you fall off the wagon you get back on the damn wagon #enoughsaid"







No comments:

Post a Comment