Friday, August 08, 2014

Training - "Hooked on a Feeling."

8/8 - pullups

The key to matching a PR is, apparently, to bust your ass for an attempt, fail... have a beer, then try again.  23 pullups, matching what I hit last summer, and 15lbs heavier now, so we'll call that 'progress'/getting stronger. Pretty happy with that, considering my numbers dropped down to 17 reps during my bulking "eat all the things/drink all the beers" experiment. For the form nazis, my metric the last few years has been 'chin over the bar/minimal kipping' so take it for what it's worth. Decently satisfied with today's effort. I promise no more self-aggrandizing, attention-whoring pullup videos until I hit 25 reps. Then 30... then 35... Onwards! Also, Guardians of the Galaxy/"Hooked On a Got a Feeling" FTW. 




  


  




No comments:

Post a Comment