Monday, February 27, 2012

Training.

2/27 - PT III - PruFit - hill run x5, pushups/situps, hill run x3, chins x2
PT II - impulsive mid to late day max rep test in: dead hang chins/pullups & pushups.  Three readily accessible benchmarks I've been checking off & on since starting working out again back in '08.  I'd worked up to 13/10/35 from damn near zero back in '09... and then came the slow decline/year of suck in 2010 where life and lack of dedication ground out all my hard earned progress.  Back at it in '11 and the last record, on the blog at least I could find, was hitting double digit chins again about a year ago.  Pretty sure I logged some other benchmarks along the way in my other Training log, but I switched that out the beginning of this year.
Today, in the afternoon I caught the bug to check my maxes in all three.  Dead hang/no kipping/no bullshit chins = 20 on the doorway chin up bar.  Full range push ups = 45 before my shoulders gave out. Had to hold plank and rest-pause the last 10 or so, but my knees didn't hit the deck, and that's my own subjective measure of what "one set" counts as.  Dead hang/no kipping pull ups [right before PT III] - 18 reps.  Not bad.  New goal by, say, end of July - 25 chins, 20 pulls, 75 pushups.
PT I - Band pull-down (6×8) Lat pull-down (6×8) Preacher curl (6×8) 4x2m rounds shadowboxing/Bas Rutten MMA Workout/Muay Thai

2/26 - rest/off

2/25 - PT II - MMA Group Work - thai pad combinations, duck under/arm drag drills, med ball slams, tire pull, jump rope - finisher chins/pulls x2
PT I - Deadlifts (3×20) Wrist curl (3×15) 4x2m rounds shadowboxing/Bas Rutten MMA Workout/Muay Thai

Another 'over 40' Win: Bodybuilding.com - Body Transformation: Clean Eating, Spotless Future

No comments:

Post a Comment