Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This - "...our perceptions are interpretations of a reality that is too complex for a human brain to process."

I wouldn't use "believe" - mostly because I'm being pedantic - but this makes as much sense to me, more even, than anything else.

Scott Adams Blog: Dilbert 2.0 10/13/2008:
"For the record, I don't believe in ESP or magic. But I do believe our perceptions are interpretations of a reality that is too complex for a human brain to process. And so sometimes when your brain tries to incorporate an inconsistency into its interpretation, the result can look like magic. And if you tell me that isn't just as good as actual magic, we could have a long discussion. It's like the difference between thinking you are happy versus being happy. I call that a tie."

No comments:

Post a Comment