Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I don't need to go to church; I am the church."- Paul Chek.

Great interview, ostensibly about training, but more than that...

TMUSCLE.com | Deconstructing Paul Chek:
"Here in the United States, we've compartmentalized our lives. People act like idiots at work or grunting silverback gorillas in the gym, then go to church and act like goody two-shoes. All I'm really teaching is to carry it all within you. Don't segregate it. Let the best parts of you shine through in everything that you do.

...Everything we see going on in exercise, resistance training, bodybuilding – if it's not spiritualized and it's not managed, then it becomes a dysfunction.

...I'm a 44 year old who can run as fast as he did in high school football. I can lift more weight than I ever have in my life. I can outperform almost every single professional athlete in the gym that I've ever conditioned – and that's a lot of them.

And the first thing they ask me every time is, "What drugs are you using?" I tell them chicken, carrots, broccoli, water, sleep, and a reason to be alive. I go into the gym and lift weights because it's a part of my spiritual practice; it's part of maintaining the temple. I don't need to go to church; I am the church."

2 comments:

  1. You will never growth in the most normal way
    spiritually, the bible said do not forsake the
    gathering of the saint, fellowship is one and most greatest as needed in the body, if you are
    alone then you are not in the body to be in the body of Christ you must be in fellowship in the church which is the body of Christ. As you fellowhip you will be deciple in loving one another. the bible also said if two or three are
    agree on earth there am I in the midts. you need to be equipped by apostle, teacher, pastor.
    other wise you will lean on your on understanding
    and will be decieved. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo. Keep your invisible sky daddy. But thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete