Monday, July 21, 2008

I have done every "wrong" financial thing in this article.

...but I'm working on it. [Great article.]

The Dirty Secrets of Debt Reduction (and What to Do About Them) ∞ Get Rich Slowly:
"When I was a sophomore in college, I got my first credit card. I thought it was awesome — it was like free money. Soon I got another credit card, and before long I’d maxed them both out. I entered the work force with a handicap. I had the start of a nasty credit habit.

[The wrong things - Rob]

I had no goals...

I didn’t establish an emergency fund...

I didn’t track my spending...

I tried to pay high-interest debt first...

I led myself into temptation...

I treated mistakes as if they were the end of the world...

I spent raises and windfalls...

I didn’t seek help...

The final secret
The biggest secret of debt reduction? Getting rid of it feels awesome. After living in debt for twenty years, I’ve spent about eight months debt-free. The sense of freedom is euphoric at times."

No comments:

Post a Comment