Monday, May 05, 2008

More Kujukushima/Sasebo Pics.


From Bachan's 82nd B-day trip.

[Part one was here, in case you missed it.]

Remember kids, a movie titled "The Last Samurai" really shouldn't star a major Hollywood caucasian. Just sayin'.

But the Kujukushima islands were used in the filming of...



God bless Bachan and her thrifty and thoughtful ways, but the prospect of traveling afar only to once again eat the exact same bento she always makes... um... not so much.



Especially as we travel to the Sasebo region, famed for its "Sasebo Burger."

Which really means nothing more than an American style burger.

But not American style in the generic McDonalds sense, which you can find anywhere now, but in the American style greasy spoon/county fair genre.


Mmmm... fat and grease.

Yummy.

Good enough to eat onE and take one home. And a chicken burger for the Mrs.

They take their Sasebo burger seriously... proof enough is the mascot below.



The Pearl Queen, on which our boat cruise was conducted.

Below, Sandy contemplates something or another.


Sandy goes all "8 Mile" on deck.

Matching dorks.


This is not a face to be trusted.

You can see the need for destruction in her eyes.


I occasionally let Sandy come up from the cargo hold.

But only to serve tea or rub my feet.

HAHA! My blog... I can write whatever I want!



Above, I prepare to batten down the hoisty jibs. Or something.

[Saddest thing? I used to know all the nautical terms.]

Sandy prepares to somehow run us aground, despite being in a museum.



2 out of 3 Japanese relatives agree, these rock.


Sometimes, my wife, she... displeases me.

No comments:

Post a Comment