Sunday, January 22, 2006

Denial is a powerful thing...

Welcome to JoeRogan.net!:
"Denial is a weird fucking thing. I had a stripper tell me once that she wasn’t a stripper. We were in a strip club, and she was standing right in front of me in her panties and garter belt with 9” heels on, telling me she’s not a stripper, and that she’s a “mortgage consultant.” She wasn’t saying that she wasn’t “just” a stripper, but that she’s not one at all.
Now, I’ve always enjoyed strip clubs. Not just because I’m a pervert, but because they’re such weird places to observe human nature.
Where else on the planet can you see people like that? Strip clubs are one of the rare locations in our society where you’re guaranteed to find crazy people there.
My friend Eddie worked in a strip club for 10 years as a DJ, and having met a good amount of people in the club he worked at, I would have to say at least 80% of the people working there were fucking crazy.

...I said, “How long have you been a stripper?”
“I’m not a stripper. I’m a mortgage consultant.”
*Pauses while my brain computes the data*
“Ummm… But you’re working right now, right? And we are in a strip club, and you are in your underwear, and you are about to go on stage and show some strange men your pussy so that they’ll give you money, right?” (The whole time I was saying this, she was gently shaking her head back and forth with eyebrows raised in the “you just don’t get it” gesture.)

“I just do this on the weekends for extra money to invest in my real estate ventures.”

“Today is Thursday.”

“I count Thursday as the weekend because I never work on Sundays.”

“Oh… OK.”

“Would you like a dance?”

“Wow.”

That’s EXACTLY how it went down. No embellishment. "

No comments:

Post a Comment