Thursday, January 27, 2011

Scott Adams speaks interesting - "...reality is nothing but a work of fiction that my mind creates for me on the fly..."

Scott Adams Blog: Strange Reality 01/26/2011:
"...another part of my brain is operating at exactly the same time as my rational thoughts and it's telling me that reality is nothing but a work of fiction that my mind creates for me on the fly, and in that context it makes sense that themes would sometimes repeat. In other words, thinking about Asok's split mind nudged my imagination to conjure up a link to similar story while fooling me into believing I actually exist as a human body in this world at all. Perhaps coincidences are nothing but errors in the part of our minds that normally do a better job of convincing us that an objective world exists.

Meanwhile, the rational side of my mind is laughing at me because it knows that reality is exactly what it seems to be, and we are just a bunch of particles bumping around until something interesting happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment