Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What happens when you die, whether god exists, etc. etc...

Same point, same questions, same answers...

This is about as accurate and brief summation of religion as I've read.

NOBODY KNOWS NUTHIN'.

HARDCORE ZEN: BEST SELLER? DIDN'T EVEN *KNOW* HER!:
"The monk asks the master an abstract question and the master, not wanting to discuss abstractions, answers with a concrete fact. The monk persists and the master explains the true significance of the monk's question very clearly. It is the type of question that 'makes one think.' And that's all it does.

Speculation on what happens after people die simply makes you think. All anyone can do in response to such a question is indulge in abstractions and fantasies. This is what turned me away from religion a long time ago. I wanted to know the answer to what happened after people died and all I got was stories and fantasies. I found the Zen answer to be perfectly logical when it said that all you can ever get from such answers is a peek into someone else's world of fantasy. And I wasn't interested in other people's fantasies."

No comments:

Post a Comment