Monday, June 01, 2015

"Keep moving."

Orbital Operations: "It's all about forward motion. Doesn't matter what breaks, catches fire or falls over. Get up. Eat fire. Step over the debris. Keep moving. It's been a trying couple of weeks, to be honest. But the above is what I always try to bear in mind. Keep moving. It's okay to be sad, angry, frustrated, lonely, determined to strangle someone and ordering enough cow shit to drown somebody's house while they and everything they ever loved are locked inside it -- so long as none of those things make you stand still. 

 These, of course, are the sort of remarks that led one young man to email me two weeks ago to tell me he hoped he would have the courage to kill himself before he got old enough to be as boring as I have apparently become. To which I responded: why wait?" - Warren Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment