Friday, February 20, 2015

Training.

2/19 - bench, chins, pushups, dips, pulldowns, stretch
 

 "...you gotta fuel yourself with the fuck-ups. And most people get stuck in these patterns because they define themselves as a fuck up.  

You don’t have to do that. 

You don’t have to do that.

...the brain is the general, the troops are the body.  The troops don't want to listen but you say, 'Fuck you.  You listen.'  

And you get up and you do it."
RossTraining.com Blog: "He isn’t just telling people to exercise so that they can become stronger and feel better about how they look. More importantly, he stresses the crucial link between exercise and mental state...  My best days are always days that begin with exercise. I think, feel, and act better after a brisk workout. It does not matter how I feel before, I always feel better after I’ve challenged myself physically. I’m never more than one workout away from a better mood. Most people who exercise share similar feelings...  I strongly believe that more people would exercise if they were aware of the mental benefits that follow.

Unfortunately, some sedentary people fail to appreciate the link between body and mind. I’ve even had so-called scholars criticize me for training as hard as I do. For instance, one person recently suggested that I put down the barbell and pick up a book. This comment was made with the false assumption that someone who exercises his body fails to exercise his mind. It does not work that way. Throughout my life, I have never been forced to choose between exercise and scholarly learning. I strongly believe that the two go hand in hand and can actually benefit each other...

...there is no legitimate argument against regularly challenging the body and mind. I truly believe that it is tragic to pass through life without striving to improve physically and mentally. Life is so much more rewarding when the body and mind grow together."






No comments:

Post a Comment