Friday, October 03, 2014

Training - "When you own your actions, you own your future."

10/3 - pullups/pushups, alt db curls/band pushdowns, ab wheel


Maria Kang - People often say that others make them feel ashamed...: "People often say that others make them feel ashamed for being unhealthy. They complain about the system and blame enablers around them. I want to confess something as a nonprofit founder. I've organized hundreds of FREE fitness groups, bootcamps and events and while maybe 100 sign up, only 20 actually follow through. The truth is that if someone really, really wanted something to happen, they would find a way. Bottom Line. You will become educated, find resources, figure out all the "how's" when you fully commit to change. The only shame people feel, is realizing they are guilty for not utilizing their free will to make better choices and living up to their truest potential. When you own your actions, you own your future."



 "Don’t get lost in unnecessary complexity. Almost anything works if you put in the work..." - RossTraining.com Blog:







Be Healthy, Be Happy!: "Time for a throwback Thursday story. So once upon a time I was an active girl who liked food, a lot. I remember during the trip the photo on the left is from my dad and I went to Cracker Barrel, and after finishing my meal he asked if I had enough and I said no so he bought me a 2nd kids meal. I had no comprehension of portion sizes or nutrition and as I got older and became more responsible for what I ate I continued to eat large quantities of junk food. Over time my eating habits caught up to me, not just in terms of my weight, but I got migraines regularly, had digestive issues, my nails were bumpy and brittle, and it became clear that I was malnourished and needed to learn how to take care of myself. Essentially relearning proper eating habits and nutrition wasn’t easy and didn’t happen overnight, but I did it, and I’m almost grateful that I had to undertake such a drastic lifestyle change because it showed me how strong I am and how much I’m capable of. So no matter where you’re starting at, change is possible if you stay determined and have the faith that you can do it!"







"If it doesn't go well according to your expectations, so what?  So what?  Let it go...  the experience is awesome, even if you do fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment