Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Training - "The first step in owning your life... is to own the thoughts that come out of your own head."

4/9 - deadlifts, seated rows, back xt, P90X3M D86 Isometrix, power cleans

"The greatest battle is not physical, but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Grame Fife



Bodybuilding.com - We 'Mirin Vol. 61: 20 Shredded Physiques

Bodybuilding.com - Facebook And Fitness: Maria Kang Interview:
"One evening in September 2012, Maria Kang, a 32-year-old wife and mother in Sacramento, published a loaded Facebook post. It read, "What's your excuse?" a message made knife-sharp by its juxtaposition with a grinning, super-fit mom and her three toddler boys—a handful for anyone. The response was overwhelming; overnight, her Facebook page blew up with thousands of likes and plenty of vehement criticism. Kang found herself the subject of wide discussion as "the Facebook fit mom." "I was in shock," she says of the initial outpouring, good and bad. Kang believes her Facebook post became a Rorschach test of sorts. Some folks embraced her as an inspiring role model; others saw her as a poster child for social media "fitspiration" taken to an obnoxious extreme..."
ALL THIS. Bodybuilding.com - Facebook And Fitness: Maria Kang Interview:
"MARIA KANG'S FIRST AND FINAL APOLOGY
I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full-time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny, and do not work as a personal trainer. I won't even mention how I didn't give into cravings for ice cream, french fries, or chocolate while pregnant or use my growing belly as an excuse to be inactive. What I will say is this. What you interpret is not my fault. It's Yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to own the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue hating this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life. You can either blame, complain, or obtain a new level of thought by challenging the negative words that come out of your own brain. With that said, obesity and those who struggle with health-related diseases is literally a "bigger" issue than this photo. Maybe it's time we stop tip-toeing around people's feelings and get to the point. So what's your excuse?"


RossTraining.com Blog:
"One of my favorite examples of the maintenance = progress concept was described in Bill Pearl’s classic Getting Stronger text. Within the book, Bill Pearl shared a story of a man who had been lifting in his gym for ten years. At age 50, the man was discouraged that he was not progressing. He wanted to be lifting more weight. Bill’s response to the man was as follows, You started when you were 40 and now you’re 50 and you’re in the same shape. That’s wonderful. In ten years you haven’t lost any of your physique or any conditioning. You’ve turned back the clock ten years. That isn’t progress? Ten or fifteen years ago, I may not have understood Bill’s comments. The competitor in me always wants to do bigger and better things. As I have grown older and wiser, I now realize that drastic improvements are not always possible or necessary. If I never run faster than I can today, I am okay with that. There are still plenty of new challenges that I will attempt in my life. Yet if I continue trying to improve everything I already have, I will never progress with any new or different goals. Trying to improve everything at once often leads to no progress at all...

I am certainly not here to suggest that you shouldn’t strive to improve. Just be aware that it isn’t always possible to make leaps and bounds in multiple directions. Beginners may make rapid gains, but as you reach higher levels, it becomes much more difficult to continually advance. Do not confuse maintenance with the inability to improve however. Intentional maintenance can be as beneficial as any of your gains."







NO EXCUSES.




















I came, I saw, I conquered.: "This could be us but u playin"

No comments:

Post a Comment