Sunday, January 05, 2014

Training - "Train hard, as if..."

1/5 - wg dips, Gironda db swings, db drag curls/incline curls, 12min treadmill

1/4 - deadlifts, calf press/raise, 12min treadmill



"Our bodies reflect who we are, what we think of ourselves, and how we feel toward others. Your physique is your message to the world, the first message people will hear when they meet you... perhaps even the loudest message. My body was telling people I was lazy and stupid. I wasn't, but that's what I was projecting. I snapped. That's the best way to describe it. Later that day I looked at my reflection, swore at myself, and smashed the mirror with my fist. The burn of embarrassment turned into a spark of rage. At that moment I went inward. Four months later, I'd lost close to 70 pounds. I'd been consumed in the fire and reborn...

Remember, the phoenix dies in fire and is reborn in fire. Self-directed anger is your fuel in this process. You must get mad, combust, and feed the fire until you break the old habits and rebuild new ones relevant to your physical goals. This is often the difference between those who succeed and those who don't. The unsuccessful person has a weak moment in his diet, makes an excuse, and gives in to the craving. The successful person gets mad at himself, stokes the fire, and stays strong. Examples: The failure: "I really want that candy bar. And hey, I deserve it anyway. Didn't miss a workout all week." The phoenix: "I can't believe I'm even thinking of ruining my diet. I'm stronger than this, goddammit! This is bullshit, and I will not be this weak! I won't put myself in the same category as those front-butted fucks who ride electric scooters around Wal-Mart!""



















No comments:

Post a Comment