Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Training & Food Log.

9/10 - press, Arnold press, Gironda swings, db shrugs, neck nods/rotations, neck harness

9/9 - deadlifts, pulldowns, seated rows, chins, 1A db rows, weighted chins, alt db curls

Truth.

Now that all our household goods are in country it feels like I can start mapping out training & nutrition for the next 21 months or so, till we pack it all out and start up somewhere else again.  Training wise, since about end of July/for about 7 weeks now I've been using, basically, Wendler's 5/3/1 with the 'Boring But Big' supplemental work.  Not deloading as much as he recommends, but I'm stupid, so that'll bite me in the ass, probably.  But as long as I've got access to a barbell, I'm going to use that as my go-to workout and my basic template.  I like it a lot.

Smart programming, steady progressions, enough variability and it's all about getting stronger in a consistent, methodical way.  Which is something I could use, given my tendency to program hop/try and master everything.  Along those lines, with the whole 'get stronger/build some muscle mass' I'm loosening up my nutrition a lot.  

Given since the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 my fitness goal has been primarily "stop being a fat fuck" I think, even with some up and down - [dropped 43lbs in 15 months, then over the next year gained 15lbs and then dropped 10lbs again...  basically staying in and around 5-10lbs of my lowest weight.  Though at 5lbs heavier in summer of 2013 than in summer 2012, I was just as lean as I was the previous year] - I've pretty much cracked the code on how to cut weight/lean out when I want.  [Short answer - lift hard, HIIT conditioning & cyclical ketogenic diets.]

The only nutrition rule for the next four months...
Anyways, since I've got a barbell and some appreciable weight to work with the goal shifts from "stop being a fat fuck" to "stop being so fucking weak."  Or, to be more positive - get stronger and put on some muscle.

And the changing training goal changes the nutrition strategy.  Whereas before I'd try to keep carbs low-ish/ primal/paleo 90% of the time, with a cheat day/occasional splurge, for the last month or so, and for the next 4 months at least [until the New Year] I'm going to just EAT.  Primarily, eat lots of protein for muscle repair & synthesis and don't worry about carbs so much.  Primal/Paleo is still probably ideal, but mostly it's going to be about packing in protein, calories and macronutrients.  I've probably had more whole milk in the last two months than I've had in the previous 2 years... eating lots of rice, potatoes... and more than the occasional triple bacon cheeseburger & pizza.
Bulk till the beginning of 2014 and then up the conditioning and start cutting/cycling carbs again for two, 3 month periods.  Hopefully I don't "cultivate too much mass."  Cut the Wendler 5/3/1 protocol
down to his minimalist "Jack Shit" variation, adding in a round or two of P90X & P90X2 & finding and start Muay Thai. That takes me through the summer, then another 6 month bulking phase, then a 3 month cut, then it's time to move. Not dissimilar, really, from oldschool bodybuilding bulking & cutting routines, with a bit more athletic performance training.
Plus, overall, in the next 21 months I really want to work on my flexibility and mobility, and also start doing some recreational swimming, since we've an accessible pool at the complex.

Onwards.


9/3 - coffee, milk, chocolate milk, Craze/Pump HD/1MR preworkout, water, protein powder, peanut butter, bananas, karaage, beer

9/4 - coffee, milk, water, protein powder, peanut butter, bananas, karaage, bacon, Coke Zero, beer

9/5 - coffee, milk, water, protein powder, eggs, ground pork, mayo, chocolate milk, peanut butter, bananas, Caveman Cookies, ZMA

9/6 - coffee, cream, water, tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, beer, triple bacon cheeseburger, fries, ice cream, Coke Zero

9/7 - Coke Zero, beer, chicken tenders, bacon, pizza, chocolate milk

9/8 - coffee, milk, protein powder, banana, peanut butter, karaage, sausage, beer ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment