Saturday, March 30, 2013

Training.

3/30 - Russian Pullup Program D22 18/16/16/14/12 + negative chins x8 -- P90X2 D41 X2 Ab Ripper [from yesterday] + rest/off -- circuit x2 [pushups x20, prisoner squats x30, glute bridge x30, ab wheel rollout/knees x15]

RossTraining.com Blog: "My interactions and observations that day confirmed what I already knew. There are different types of people in the world. Certain people have an excuse for everything, which is why they typically do nothing. They justify their inaction by citing excuse after excuse. It’s too cold. It’s too hot. It’s too dangerous. It’s always one thing or another.

Other people don’t care if it is hot or cold. They find a way to get things done. I train outside in a garage 52 weeks a year. The winters are cold and the summers are hot. At this time of year, water bottles will freeze solid if left overnight. Yet, in a few months, it will be hot and humid inside the gym. You’ll find yourself soaked in sweat by just standing still. There are no air conditioners here. You either suck it up or you go somewhere else.

I don’t control the temperature. I don’t care if it’s hot. I don’t care if it’s cold. I don’t care if I didn’t sleep well the night before. I have things that I need to get done so I attack each day with determination and drive.

That’s life. We don’t live in a perfect world. Either adapt or succumb to your surroundings. The human body isn’t as fragile as many believe. It is designed to move. We can adapt to the cold and we can adapt to the heat. The weak make excuses. The strong find a way. Which side are you on?

 +++++ Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."


No comments:

Post a Comment