Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Training.

11/7 - 60m pullup workout - wide grip 10-8-7-6-6x5=55reps, regular grip 8-6-5-4-3x3-4-2x5,2x4=54reps, neutral grip 8-6-5-9x4-5=55reps, chins 6-8x4,4x5=58reps

11/6 - no PT

Coming off a head/cold bug the last couple days, and adding in a minor procedure tomorrow with doc's instructions "no strenuous exercise" for week, which blows a hole in the 9 week Insanity protocol I've been doing.  Truthfully though, while the programs are crushers, and definitely great conditioning work, I'm finding them repetitive and missing the strength training & martial arts elements I usually have in my PT, so I'm going to cut it short here midway.  A lot of folks substitute Insanity into their P90X programming on cardio days, I might try that after the New Year if I do another round of P90X.  But for the next week at least, any exercise is moderate/play it by ear, after that, a mix of more strength training, flexibility & MMA conditioning work.






No comments:

Post a Comment