Sunday, January 01, 2012

Training [&No Cooking/Food Log.]

1/1 - 10x2m rounds heavy bag/Rutten MMA Workout/Thai Boxing - 10m rebounder - P90X One on One Stretch & Recovery

No workouts since Xmas day, the evening of which I got hit with some kind of bug that knocked me on my ass this past week.  Still not back to 100% but good enough to grind out a workout today, plus PT is a good way to ring in the New year.  Likewise, no 'Food Log' post for this past week, as Xmas eating morphed into sickness/comfort food/New Year's Eve alcohol.  Back next week.

12/25 - 7x2m rounds shadowboxing, 3x2m rounds heavy bag - neck nods/rotations x100 - wrist roller x2 @10lbs
12/24 - supersets - pullups/dips 10x5/5, chins/dips 5x5/5, inverted rows/pushups 3x10/10 - hyperx 25/20
12/23 - 8x2m rounds heavy bag, 2x2m rounds shadowboxing - Bas Rutten MMA Workout/Boxing

Inspiration.




Great progress.
"Once a gym rat the oxygen and muscle fitness mags piled high in my linen closet. 9 years later I'd become complacent, tapping into my 6 yr olds mac and cheese at dinner time, enjoying biscuits and gravy for breakfast at the fire house with my crew and needing something sweet after every meal in order to feel satisfied. My disciplined 6 days a week to the gym became a lazy 3, and my once athletic nickname of "mighty mouse" had became "little sausage"...Everyone called me a "sausage!" I was never called fat out of fear of my feelings being hurt and maybe I wasn't entirely FAT, but I was no longer healthy. No longer conditioned and strong, no longer confident, no longer happy... Call it a woman thing if you want, but women are not happy with 90% of the things in their life when they're not comfortable in their own skin. No one needed to say it to my face for me to know I'd let myself go, I felt it. It was time for a change. I was too young to be so miserable in my own skin. So I walked into my gym on a Monday morning and once a very familiar place now felt like a Chinese puzzle. I had no idea where to start! I decided not only was I going to get myself back, but I was going to take my body places it had never been doing something I had once been VERY passionate about. I wanted Nicole back!!! more than I wanted a half a loaf of bread with my dinner or even the ice cream with heath pieces and caramel on top after the dinner!!! And so as fate would have it, "GOFitness (Walt & Gina)" was brought to my attention. More motivated than I'd ever been to over come what felt like such a monumental challenge, my journey with Gina and Walter Ostarly began March 1st, 2011. - Nicole:)"


No comments:

Post a Comment