Sunday, April 11, 2010

Having listened to 5hrs of Terence Mckenna lectures today, I'm utterly convinced that I am really not all that smart.

Mind officially blown, several times over.
Wikipedia - Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American author, public speaker, metaphysician, psychonaut, philosopher, ethnobotanist, art historian, and self-described anarchist, anti-materialist, environmentalist, feminist, Platonist and skeptic. During his lifetime he was noted for his knowledge on the subjects the use of psychedelics, metaphysics, plant-based entheogens, and subjects ranging from shamanism, mysticism, Hermeticism, Neoplatonism, biology, geology, physics, phenomenology, and his concept of novelty theory.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the 6'2" leprechaun wordsmith, storyteller and psychedelic impresario is as relevant today as he was during his corporeal years. I miss him with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincerely, almost far too much to wrap my mind around. Plus, now, desperately want to do DMT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, you know, worth mentioning, certainly not the first time I've listened to Mckenna, and I've read The Invisible Landscape... just something about 5 hours of concentrated Mckenna that made me go "WTF is going on with reality." So, yeah.

    ReplyDelete