Monday, March 09, 2009

Best. Job. Ever.

Last week, random elementary schoolkids make me a "thank you" picture. How cute is that, I ask you?
From 2009-03-08

Today, the graduating 6th graders at one of my elementary schools made this for me:
From 2009-03-09

Yeah, clearly, a teacher mandated activity, but still, they wrote out messages to me in English. What an awesome group of kids.

Not to mention the group of 6th graders at my other school who gave me a farewell/thank you speech in English. Which may not sound that impressive, but you're talking about 12 year old kids practicing and learning sentence structures and language that is really way beyond the level they've learned.

You know, 5 years from now these kids may not even remember who I was [other than the crazy looking kind of bald gaijin] but I swear stuff like this feels awesome. Meaningful. My job rocks.

"...they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

1 comment: