Saturday, February 14, 2009

Joe Rogan continues to rock the blogging in prep for his next comedy special on Spike TV. And drops knowledge, political + metaphysical.

I'm telling you... Carlin, Hicks and now Joe Rogan. Smart, insightful, funny, funny dudes.

The Joe Rogan Blog » Conduit to the Gaian Mind » Day 5, February 8th:
"...My parents live in Florida, and if you don’t know anything about Tampa, it’s a wonderful place filled with fun loving young people and lots of old political conservatives.

There’s a lot of the type of people that watch the O’Reilly Factor on FOX news and nod in agreement with a down-turned sour puss. “This country is going to hell in a hand basket!” They got mad at the Dixie chicks for speaking out against Bush and the Iraq war, and they think that Sarah Palin has moxie.

Basically my parents are surrounded by a bunch of stubborn old retards that can’t seem to realize that we’ve been taken over by a fucking pirate ship dressed up as the Christian American Dream™.

My mom put an Obama poster up on the front lawn and someone stole it and replaced it with a McCain one.

...To me, this whole system seemed 100% irreversibly fucked.

We’ve got a system where a gigantic percent of the people are dullards, yet we have a democracy where supposedly everyone gets a say in what goes on. The whole voting thing in itself is a horrible way to run things.

There’s no fucking way everyone should have a say.

Now, I know what you’re saying, “That’s like something Hitler would say, asshole.”

Which, I’m sure he probably would have, but what better example to illustrate the point?

If THAT crazy motherfucker got into a position where people were listening to him,
There’s no fucking way the masses can be trusted.

They’re responsible for some horrible, horrible choices.

There are just WAY too many dumb people.

Just look at the numbers, they’re fucking STAGGERING. Over 50% of Americans recently polled believe that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. OVER 50%.

One of them was the chick running for the position of the Vice President of the United Fucking States of the World.

Now if everyone really gets to vote, that’s a wrap."
In other news, Joe Rogan and I listen to some of the same insane nonsense. To wit - The Joe Rogan Blog » Conduit to the Gaian Mind » Day 6, February 9th:
"...I’ve been listening to this audio book on the Law of Attraction.

It’s some pretty out-there shit, because what they’re all about is there’s this woman named Esther Hicks, and she claims that she’s channeling “Abraham” a collective, universal intelligence that explains the laws of positive and negative thinking and their influence in your life.

On paper it sounds completely loony, but she says some really interesting, powerful shit on thinking, and how your focus and energy affects the course of your life.
Of course just the idea of a person channeling seems completely and utterly ridiculous, and there’s no credible evidence that anyone has ever actually done it, but I can’t deny that what she’s saying is very intelligent and interesting stuff.

Who the fuck knows where it’s really coming from, but the possibility that some collective universal intelligence speaking through some woman named Esther is not nearly as hard to swallow as some of the shit I’ve seen on mushrooms."
And just like that he sums up pretty much exactly how I think about the Esther Hicks/Abraham stuff I've listened to. Except for the mushrooms bit. The one time I had a bit of psilocybin, last time in Japan when it was still legal, all I did was stare at my hand for about 30m. It was fucking fascinating, btw. And the one time I took amanita muscaria, also legal in the US, thanks, all I got was a mild narcotic effect, which was pleasant, but not particularly earth shaking. Which means it probably wasn't the variation of Siberian muscaria known for it's psychedelic effect. You know, it occurs to me I may know way too much about this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment