Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He's a free man - Patrick McGoohan, RIP.


Hit & Run > Patrick McGoohan, RIP - Reason Magazine:
"The creator, star, and frequent writer and director of The Prisoner, that wonderful '60s pop-surrealist anarcho-paranoid science-fiction TV series, has died at age 80."


"Number 6: I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign."


"Number 6: Where am I?
Number 2: In the Village.
Number 6: What do you want?
Number 2: We want information.
Number 6: Whose side are you on?
Number 2: That would be telling. We want information... information... information.
Number 6: You won't get it.
Number 2: By hook or by crook, we will.
Number 6: Who are you?
Number 2: The new Number 2.
Number 6: Who is Number 1?
Number 2: You are Number 6.
Number 6: I am not a number, I am a free man."

No comments:

Post a Comment