Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions.

So, a few year's ago I did the whole S.M.A.R.T. goal setting New Year's Resolution thing. [Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.] The way all the motivational-advice-giving-type-folks advise...

The result?

Abject and total failure. No headway at all and even further physical and financial deterioration.

So much so, that apparently I didn't attempt any more resolutions for two more years. At least not that I can find on the blog, amidst all the nonsense.

Then last January, the sum total of my resolutions consisted of saying I was going to "get my shit together."

The result?

While it took me till April to finally get my ass in gear, since then I've lost 9kilos/19lbs and paid off a credit card.

So, something to be said for the terse expression of frustration, apparently.

So yeah... this year, same again.

Lose another 9-10kilos and pay off another credit card and we'll chalk 2009 up in the "win" column.

See you on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. my resolution for the year is to earn my phd so i can graduate by december. everything else will be considered bonus.

    ReplyDelete